H&R Block 2018 - 2019 Tax Software Discount Deals after Filing an Extension
If you filed for a tax extension, H&R Block is a good choice for getting your tax preparation software at a discount price for filing your income taxes online. Once the main tax season has passed, discount deals on tax software tend to stabilize.
Many challenges lay ahead for HR Block now that they have had a real awakening to the issues in their business plan that don't seem to be favoring growth in their overall year to year market share. So look for deals on their tax software prices as they compete to get their market share back up.
Focusing on professional tax services has left H&R Block with a dominant share of the assisted tax filing market. However, this is a fading service as more and more tax payers opt for the do-it-yourself format that enables them to save some additional cash on their tax filing.
H&R Block Moving Forward
Tony Bowen became Chief Financial Officer for H&R Block after being a key leader at H&R Block for over a decade. Tony's depth of knowledge about the HR Block business system as well as his leadership abilities and financial insight are key factors in new challenges they are facing.
H&R Block will be sharing more information regarding new strategies for fiscal 2018 and beyond as their moving forward outlook produces details on organizational changes, cost reductions, and the company's capital structure and dividend policy.
The future for H&R Block is to focus on their long-term outlook for the company. Developing an aggressive 2018 tax season strategy that will appeal to a broad segment of tax preparation clients is imperative. This H&R Block 2018 - 2019 moving forward approach will include a more compelling value proposition, anchored by H&R Block's expert tax preparation services.
Aimed at client growth, HR Blocks forward view may need more tweaking if they don't get it through their heads that the do-it-yourself market is inevitably going to require their full attention if they don't want to continue loosing market share.
Which Edition Should You Use?
H&R Block offers several choices for tax software products in 2018
H&R Block Online Tax Preparation and Software
H&R Block Online Free Edition
- Free Online Tax Preparation for your simple tax returns. Try H&R Block Free to prepare, print and e-file your income taxes.
H&R Block Online Basic Edition
- Use the Basic Edition and get Free Technical Support. Get free help along the way from a live person through real-time chat or phone. Plus, Free automatic import of your W-2, 1095-A, 1099, and last year's tax data from H&R Block, TurboTax® or TaxAct®.
H&R Block Online Deluxe Edition
- The Deluxe Edition guides taxpayers through Home Ownership tax benefits for selling or buying a home. Investment support for the sale of stocks, bonds and mutual funds, as well as reporting dividends or capital gain distributions. Plus, Support for retirement income plans and rollovers, along with payments from your IRAs, 401(k)s, annuities, disability, pension and more. Also charitable Donations tracking and reporting.
H&R Block Online Premier Edition
- Use the Premium Edition for Self-Employment Income
(Schedule C). Report your self-employment income and expenses for your businesses or self-employment work. (Schedule E) support for Rental Property and reporting royalties or income and expenses from real estate owned and rented to others. Includes Cost Basis analysis to determine the cost basis of your home sale, dividend, gift and inheritance assets.
H&R Block Online Home and Business Edition
- HR Block Home & Business: Filing your Personal and Business Tax Returns with fully guided support to maximize your tax benefits for vehicle deductions, equipment and asset depreciation, and business expenses like advertising, insurance, supplies, etc. Support for corporations and S corporations (Form 1120 and 1120S), partnerships and LLCs (Form 1065), and non-profits (Form 990). Create Payroll and Employer Forms for the IRS (Forms 940 and 941) and distribute to your employees (Forms W-2 and 1099).
Choose the H&R Block Online program that looks like it will suit you best and H&R Block will prompt you if another edition will work better.
Today's online tax return preparation software makes tax filing easy for anyone, regardless of tax knowledge or math skills. With tax software evolving more and more every year, it's just a great way to save some cash this tax season. What you need to know though, is that tax software brands are not created equal.
That being said, it's important to know that two brands have been on top of market sales every year for decades. These two top brands, TurboTax and H&R Block are very intuitive and user friendly choices for electronic tax filing.
H&R Block Tax Return Preparation comes in second in sales for online tax filing but, they dominate the local markets for neighborhood professional tax preparation. Online tax return filing with today's best tax software brands can save you lots of money in several different ways to help increase your in-pocket cash.
- Save serious cash by preparing your tax returns yourself over hiring a CPA or professional tax accountant. With the cost of professional tax preparation on the rise, this can be an easy way to lower you tax season bills.
- By using top rated tax software programs like TurboTax and H&R Block your insured to get every tax deduction possible since these tax software brands are programmed to search out and find every deduction you can apply.
- These software brands guide you through your online tax return preparation step-by-step then guarantee you the biggest refund.
- You'll learn how to better prepare for future returns, as you learn more ways to take advantage of deductions, credits, benefits, and charitable contributions.
Online Tax Preparation and Filing Software
TurboTax and H&R Block continue to grab the biggest shares of online tax return filing annual sales over the competing brands each and every year. With new companies jumping into the tax preparation market every year, there no wonder why stress can play a big part in herding tax filers toward these top two brands. New cumbersome and poorly formatted software programs do little more than cause the tax payer grief and frustration.
Uncle Sam can weigh heavy on the mind this time of year, especially if you know your going to owe additional taxes. One place to save some cash is by using the the online versions of tax return preparation software, instead of buying the cd or downloading. These online versions run a little lower in cost to the computer based editions, allowing you to keep a little more in your pocket.
Another reason to go with the online tax return preparation versions is that you won't run into computer glitches like you do when installing a new software program on your computer. These online editions are used on the host site over a secure connection, so there's no software to install and clog up your computer.
Online tax preparation, is it safe and secure?
Millions of taxpayers continue to prepare and file their returns online each tax-filing season. These filers, however, don't buy desktop tax software. They just point their mouse to an online tax filing site and a few clicks later, their returns are done.
Preparing you taxes online is fast, easy and convenient, particularly compared to the outdated do-it-yourself pencil-and-paper method. It's even quicker than using desktop software since there's nothing to purchase or download and install on a computer.
It takes about 10 to 12 hours to prepare a return manually using pen and paper, but the same return prepared online only takes one to two hours.
It is safe and secure! What happens if you start your return and need to take a break and leave a half-prepared form floating around in cyberspace? Well, when you relinquish control of your taxes to an online site, it's on a secure network under you password that only you can access.
H&R Block 2018 - 2019 Tax Return Preparation Tips
- Be sure to put your signature and date on your tax return and include all attachments. Not signing can delay processing your return.
- If you owe additional federal taxes, ensure that your check is made payable to "US Treasury," not "IRS" or "Internal Revenue Service".
- Include your social security number on every page of your tax return. Incorrect social security numbers are often the most common cause for refund delays.
- Be sure to choose the proper tax filing status for your tax return.
- Be sure that you claim the additional standard deductions available for you if you are blind or 65 years of age or older.
- Be sure your W-2 and 1099's are in order so that the IRS's and state's records agree with the amounts shown on your tax returns.
- 1Check last year's tax return to see if there are any items which you can carry forward to this year, like charitable contributions or capital losses.
- If you are single and have a dependent living with you, check and see if you qualify for the lower tax rates available to a "head of household" or surviving spouse filing status. We can help you with these choices.
I your tax return preparation isn't complete when the deadline come up, a federal tax return extension a way way to ask the Internal Revenue Service for more time to file your return. The IRS will automatically grant an extra six months to file your return. An extension basically extends the filing deadline for personal tax returns from April 15th to October 15th. However, it does not grant extra time to pay any tax amount due.