Online Tax Return Preparation 2017 - 2018
Today's online tax return preparation software makes tax filing easy for anyone, regardless of tax knowledge or math skills. With tax software evolving more and more every year, it's just a great way to save some cash this tax season. What you need to know though, is that tax software brands are not created equal.
That being said, it's important to know that two brands have been on top of market sales every year for decades. These two top brands, TurboTax and H&R Block are very intuitive and user friendly choices for electronic tax filing.
TurboTax Tax Return Preparation the top selling brand overall, is a consumer favorite. It has been outselling all other online tax preparation programs for decades.
H&R Block Tax Return Preparation comes in second in sales for online tax filing but, they dominate the local markets for neighborhood professional tax preparation.
Online tax return filing with today's best tax software brands can save you lots of money in several different ways to help increase your in-pocket cash.
- Save serious cash by preparing your tax returns yourself over hiring a CPA or professional tax accountant. With the cost of professional tax preparation on the rise, this can be an easy way to lower you tax season bills.
- By using top rated tax software programs like TurboTax and H&R Block your insured to get every tax deduction possible since these tax software brands are programmed to search out and find every deduction you can apply.
- These software brands guide you through your online tax return preparation step-by-step then guarantee you the biggest refund.
- You'll learn how to better prepare for future returns, as you learn more ways to take advantage of deductions, credits, benefits, and charitable contributions.
Online Tax Preparation and Filing Software
TurboTax and H&R Block continue to grab the biggest shares of online tax return filing annual sales over the competing brands each and every year. With new companies jumping into the tax preparation market every year, there no wonder why stress can play a big part in herding tax filers toward these top two brands. New cumbersome and poorly formatted software programs do little more than cause the tax payer grief and frustration.
Uncle Sam can weigh heavy on the mind this time of year, especially if you know your going to owe additional taxes. One place to save some cash is by using the the online versions of tax return preparation software, instead of buying the cd or downloading. These online versions run a little lower in cost to the computer based editions, allowing you to keep a little more in your pocket.
Another reason to go with the online tax return preparation versions is that you won't run into computer glitches like you do when installing a new software program on your computer. These online editions are used on the host site over a secure connection, so there's no software to install and clog up your computer.
We all need to watch our budgets. Thankfully using one of the software brands mentioned above can save you money in several ways. On top of all that, you can get your refund quicker by efiling directly from your online tax return preparation product instead of using a separate process or mailing it in.
Bottom line, if you want to save cash and get your biggest refund possible, try the online versions of HR Block or TurboTax to insure your getting the best guidance possible for keeping more money for yourself.
Online tax preparation is very easy, but is it safe and secure?
Millions of taxpayers continue to prepare and file their returns online each tax-filing season. These filers, however, don't buy desktop tax software. They just point their mouse to an online tax filing site and a few clicks later, their returns are done.
Preparing you taxes online is fast, easy and convenient, particularly compared to the outdated do-it-yourself pencil-and-paper method. It's even quicker than using desktop software since there's nothing to purchase or download and install on a computer.
It takes about 10 to 12 hours to prepare a return manually using pen and paper, but the same return prepared online only takes one to two hours.
It is safe and secure! What happens if you start your return and need to take a break and leave a half-prepared form floating around in cyberspace? Well, when you relinquish control of your taxes to an online site, it's on a secure network under you password that only you can access.
Online Tax Return Preparation Tips
- Be sure to put your signature and date on your tax return and include all attachments. Not signing can delay processing your return.
- If you owe additional federal taxes, ensure that your check is made payable to "US Treasury," not "IRS" or "Internal Revenue Service".
- Include your social security number on every page of your tax return. Incorrect social security numbers are often the most common cause for refund delays.
- Be sure to choose the proper tax filing status for your tax return.
- Be sure that you claim the additional standard deductions available for you if you are blind or 65 years of age or older.
- Be sure your W-2 and 1099's are in order so that the IRS's and state's records agree with the amounts shown on your tax returns.
- 1Check last year's tax return to see if there are any items which you can carry forward to this year, like charitable contributions or capital losses.
- If you are single and have a dependent living with you, check and see if you qualify for the lower tax rates available to a "head of household" or surviving spouse filing status. We can help you with these choices.
I your tax return preparation isn't complete when the deadline come up, a federal tax return extension a way way to ask the Internal Revenue Service for more time to file your return. The IRS will automatically grant an extra six months to file your return. An extension basically extends the filing deadline for personal tax returns from April 15th to October 15th. However, it does not grant extra time to pay any tax amount due.